Crossroads – New Retail Shop in Bloomington, Illinois July 21 2014, 0 Comments
From The Earth is happy to announce that Crossroads Handcrafts of the World is one of our newest fair trade retail partners and our first store in the state of Illinois. We are beyond excited that we met at the Fair Trade Federation conference in Indianapolis!
Crossroads is a non-profit, volunteer run fair trade shop, that provides equal opportunity, living wages and sustainable living for artisans, their families and communities around the world.
Crossroads is carrying a wide selection of From The Earth's handcrafted olive wood jewelry, including some of our newest pieces such as the Dew Drop Necklace and our Evening Bloom Earrings (pictured below).
Ahlan wa Sahlan Crossroads!
Directions to store: 428 N Main Street, Bloomington, Illinois 61701
Artisans' Hope – New Retail Shop in Harrisonburg, Virginia July 07 2014, 0 Comments
Artisans' Hope is located in the heart of Harrisonburg, Virginia. They are a retail shop focused on providing their community with an opportunity to make socially and environmentally conscious purchasing decisions.
From The Earth is delighted that Artisans' Hope is carrying a wide selection of our handcrafted olive wood jewelry, as well as our olive wood kitchen and home products, including our Olive Wood Peace Dove Magnet (pictured below).
Ahlan wa Sahlan Artisans' Hope!
Directions to store: 821A Mt. Clinton Pike, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22802
5 Tips to De-stress Summer Parties July 03 2014, 0 Comments
We have all been there. Hosting a summer party can sound like fun all the way up until party preparations are in full swing. Below are some suggestions to maintain the joy and happiness of hosting a party even after the preparations have begun.
- Make inviting guests easy by using a service like evite.com. Inviting guests can be a challenge if not all your friends are on the same social site. Using evite will streamline the process of sharing with all of the cool features the service provides, for free! No need to have your phone keep ringing with questions like, "Can I bring Aunt Tilly?" or, "What about my kids?" Everything can be done in one place.
- Keep the menu simple so you aren't worried that the new recipe you are trying, that looks beautiful on pinterest, might not turn out for the party. Sticking with the classics and styling them with serving bowls and trays will save you a lot of stress. For example, purchase a few blocks of beautiful cheese and place it on an Olive Wood Cutting Board.
- Use decor wisely by making simple decor at home. Yes, there are party stores where you can purchase almost anything, but why spend your party budget on decor when you could buy more food? Check out our Party board on pinterest for quick and easy ideas on DIY decor. Double your effort by making decor both beautiful and functional. For example, why not institute a photo booth. No need to supply a camera, everyone has their own anyway. Just give people a hashtag so that people can see each others photos.
- Clean as you go so that at the end of the night, you have less work to do. How? Have a plan for the dirty dishes (where to stack plates, where to put dirty glasses and utensils). If at the end of the night everything is stacked neatly ready to be cleaned, clean-up will appear less daunting. Quietly remove dirty items as you circle around the room. Also, ask your close, trusted friends to help you in this by communicating the plan to them. You don't want to be the bus boy all night, right?
- Don't forget throwing a party is supposed to be fun for both you and your guests. If your guests see that you are relaxed and enjoying yourself they too will relax and enjoy themselves. Even if there are hiccups in your well laid plans, or if something burns, or more people showed up and the food is getting tight, just take a deep breath, put your smile on, and steady on. It's all going to be ok.
Have a wonderful party and enjoy yourself!
GrassRoots Fair Trade – New Retail Shop in Anchorage, Alaska June 23 2014, 0 Comments
GrassRoots Fair Trade is Alaska’s first fully fair trade store offering the community an alternative way to shop globally, all while connecting with communities and changing lives.
From The Earth is delighted that GrassRoots Fair Trade is carrying a wide selection of our handcrafted olive wood jewelry, as well as our olive wood kitchen and home products, including our new Olive Wood Cake Spatula (pictured below).
Ahlan wa Sahlan GrassRoots Fair Trade!
Directions to store: 1300 W Northern Lights Blvd., Anchorage, Alaska
Ramadan Kareem - Office Hours for Ramadan and Eid June 18 2014, 0 Comments
The time of Ramadan is quickly approaching. Our office and showroom will have the following schedule during this time.
- Sunday, June 29 - Saturday, July 12: Normal Office Hours
- July 13 - Eid - Office Closed
Our online store fromtheearthstore.com will not be affected by our Ramadan hours. Continue to shop and browse until your hearts content.