Mothers' Day Special at FTE During Month of March February 28 2011, 0 Comments
Mothers' Day is celebrated as a day set aside to bring special honor to mothers. The actual day is different throughout various parts of the world, but most commonly it is celebrated in either March, April or May.
People in Jordan celebrate Mothers' Day on March 21 at the beginning of spring to symbolize pureness, fertility, and because spring brings with it nice feelings.
Women in general, but especially mothers, hold a high position in both Islam and Christianity. Both religions command kindness, respect and obedience to parents with special emphasize and preference to mothers.
"Honor your father and mother, which is the first commandment with promise." (Ephesians 6:2)
Honoring mothers with a simple gift intended to bring a sparkle to her eyes and a smile to her face, along with providing time for her to relax are some of the things Jordanians do for their mothers on this special day. From The Earth appreciates and honors all mothers from around the world and would like to suggest some special gifts for this upcoming Mothers' Day:
- Begin with one of our many specially designed handmade cards (see samples, above)
- Choose a gift from our beautiful selection of one-of-a-kind olive wood kitchen utensils
- Make her eyes sparkle with one of our new necklace designs
- Delight her with an olive oil soap gift sets
- Let her proudly display photos of the family in one of our beautiful olive wood picture frames
Purchase any of the above products during the month of March and receive a 10% discount in honor of Jordan's Mothers' Day
Written By: Nadeen Abu-Khairan